Before you head out on your fishing adventure, you will need a BC Saltwater Salmon Fishing License and a Salmon Stamp for each person fishing. It is important that you purchase these before you go on your fishing charter.
No electronic copy’s of licensees (Phones, tablets etc…) If you catch and retain any of the species that you are required to mark on your license (for example: Chinook, Lingcod or Halibut) you will need a paper copy of your license in order to record your catch. Failing to immediately record your catch is a violation, as is failing to show your license to a Fishery Officer when requested.
The following salmon fishing license information is duplicated from the BC Governments website:
- A tidal waters sport fishing licence:
- is required to fish for any species of finfish or shellfish.
- is not transferable and is not valid unless signed by the licence holder.
- can be obtained in person; a parent may obtain a licence for a child under the age of 16; and a licence can be obtained for a spouse.
- must be produced on request by a fishery officer, conservation officer or fishery guardian, so ensure you have your licence with you while fishing or transporting your catch.
- Juveniles must obtain a licence, at no charge.
- Annual licences are valid from date shown to the licence to the fallowing March 31. Licences of shorter duration expire at midnight on the final day of validity.
- It is illegal to hold more then one licence.
BC Salmon Fishing Licenses may be purchased online at: Salt Water Fishing Licence System. This is a user-friendly licensing service offered through Fisheries and Oceans Canada. Simply fill out the secured online form, pay the required fee, print your license, and you are ready to go salmon fishing.
*Important* -For Non Canadian residents, it is best to buy your BC Salmon Fishing License on the way to Ucluelet to avoid halibut retention restrictions. There is not a lot of choices once you are in Ucluelet. Here is a list below, of places to grab your licence on the way, as well as licence pricing:
How Much, and Where…
2017/2018 Tidal Waters Sport Fishing licence fees
(PRICE INCLUDES 5 % GST)
Non – Resident
|Adult annual (16-64 years of age)||$22.05||$106.05|
|Salmon Conservation Stamp||$6.30||$6.30|
|Juvenile (Under 16 years of age)||FREE||FREE|
Gone Fishing 2980 N Island Hwy – Tel: 250-758-7726
Cabela’s 6902 Island Hwy N – Tel: 250-390-7800
Gone Fishing 5069 Johnston Road – Tel: 250-723-1172
Canadian Tire 3550 Johnston Rd – Tel: 250-720-0085
BC Government Service Office #5 – 1620 Peninsula Rd – Tel: 250-726-2113
Gray Whale Deli 1950 Peninsula Rd – Tel: 250-726-2113
Method Marine 380 Main St – Tel: 250-725-3251